Thursday, June 19, 2008

Restlessness

Deep within my soul, I'm restless.
I should be doing something for the Lord, going places, speaking to people. I know that I can do that here on campus just as good as anywhere else, but I'm so SICK of campus and being here. I want to get away, breathe in different air, see different people and try different things.
I'm so restless with dreaming too. I don't ask for the dreams that I get...I know no one does, but these dreams haunt me. There's got to be a reason for dreaming right? I just want one good night of sleep...is that too much to ask? I'm tired...deep in my spirit. Something is troubling me, and I don't have the time to dive in and find out what it is, but it's there constantly lurking in the shadows at night and hiding during the day.
Find rest O my soul! Am I restless because I haven't been seeking only You? Fill me with Your Spirit, calm this restless heart and wandering mind. I wish my mind were a blank page....then I would finally get some peace. Father, grant me peace.
What is this sense of urgency? I don't understand it and I wish I could explore it. Father, take away all the distractions that are taking me away from You.
Only You are my everything. Only You have my all. Only You have my heart. Only you have my soul. I need You, I feel like I'm slipping away Father. I need You.

No comments: