Monday, June 9, 2008

No Morals

So a couple of days ago there was a video on the news...I think it was the online news for msn or aol, and in this video an elderly man is seen being hit by a car!!! In this video it shows a sweet old man getting hit by a car while two cars are passing another. The thing that just blows my mind is that the people around don't help him at all! The people walking on the street just walk right up to him, and the people driving just drive right on by. The guy on the scooter turns around but leaves later on. The news says that the man is paralyzed and no one helped him because he was bleeding but still alive and his head moves just a little bit. He's now in the hospital fighting for his life! People sicken me! My heart seriously ached outta my chest as I watched this video. How many of you would have helped? I would've tried something....anything whether it's just touching his hand to let him know someone cares or talking to him...anything is better than nothing.
Another example, Erin and I went to Target today and when we were leaving there was a woman with a cane trying to get out of the exit but her cane kept hitting the metal detectors and people were staring and no one offered to help or anything. She came upon me and Erin and we asked her if she was trying to get out and she was like yes if you could just point me in the direction. She then asked what her cane was hitting and we told her. We pointed her in the direction but then she kept having trouble so she reached for Erin's arm and Erin lead her and I walked beside her. I told her about my sister, who also has to walk with a cane..or she's suppose to..Kisha Denise. This is why my sister is afraid to use it, because people are so rude. I understand that we are naturally curious but please...instead of staring help the person out if you see them having a hard time. We parted ways with her when she assured us that she was able to make it on her own. I wish I had offered to drive her to her destination which was further up the way. I didn't think of it then though. I'm not saying this to kind of lift me up at all, but just to show how people in this world are. We are scared of the unfamilar and the strange yet we are called to be "set apart from the world." I think this is why it's so hard for us, myself included to be such a great witness for Christ. We are, inside, scared of being looked at, laughed at, "on the spot" so to speak". My eyes are slowly being opened to the things that I see as "important" in my life, that pale in comparison to the Love and opinion of my Savior. He didn't have to die for me. But He did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ICQ15Es_Ng&NR=1

1 comment:

Erin said...

BTW to everyone who doesn't know, the woman with the cane was blind. She couldn't see. She wasn't just an older lady with a cane. :)