Saturday, June 14, 2008

Overcoming Boredom

So, while sitting here in the library from 9:45am-5:00pm, one tends to get just a little bored. Whilst, isn't that a cool word?, sitting here, I thought of things to do that could make the time go by just a little bit faster.

This is the account of Karye Cook...Student Library Worker.
These events take place between 1:00pm and 5:45pm. (too bad Kiefer Sutherland's not here to keep me company......hehe...er...um.....I mean. uh.)

1:01pm
Walked around the IRC, looking for anything I have never seen before.
Found=Nothing.

1:27pm
Patron, that's what we library workers call you people who check out books, walks down with little kids. One's a brat, the other's just a little sprout. The mom...annoyed. Also known as a bad patron.
Success at being polite.

1:45pm
I could've sworn...if I swear which I don't...that I saw a dust buster roll by...could be eyesight, but doubtful.

1:59pm
Took gate count. A whopping 2 people went by....me going to the restroom.

2:20pm
Nothing. Nata. Zilch. Zero movement.

2:43pm
Watch a fly make it's way around the IRC...decide to try my tracking skills. Followed fly for a successful time of 3min.

3:00pm
Took gate count.

3:30pm
Patron comes down...kinda looks like a man..not sure. It talks to me and wants to know where the card catalog is....this person..he or she is really ticked. I tell them that they can find it online if they want...what are they looking for. It tells me it's looking for nullberry prize books...or something like that. I say I need a title...it gets mad and marches..yes marches to the computer. At this point I've decided this person is a woman whose had miltary training.

3:45pm
Another patron enters the IRC...this patron looks like a man as well but it's a woman..small skinny woman wearing some kind of jungle hat..the one that has the thing that goes under the chin, you know what I'm talking bout. Can't find video smells faintly of misquito spray.

4:00pm
A BUTT load of books make there way to me. I counted about somewhere around 59. We'll say 60 for Monks sake. (the tv monk, not an actual monk..ha)

4:25pm
Finally done shelfing mass books and videos and stupid educational text books. Cuts finger on Math book...go figure. Bleeds to death..haha..ok ok....obviously i don't but it's kinda cool.

4:26pm
Decides to write this post.

4:30pm
Tries to move pen with mind.........failure.

4:42pm
Looks at clock. That's how I know what time it is.

4:42pm
IT'S STILL 4:42?!!

4:43pm
Closes eyes really tight for 15sec then opens them. The first image I see is scissors. Ha.

4:44pm
Has to pee...brb

4:47pm
Wonders what's taking that announcement so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:48pm
Turns out lights and closes doors............waits in dark...kinda scared.

4:50pm
Forget this! I'm going home!

1 comment:

Holly Face said...

Haha, my favorite is what happens at 4:30