Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holding Hands

One of my friends at work said something funny today that I, of course, decided to think on and dissect. A couple came down to the IRC and they were holding hands. My friend said, "I hate it when couples hold hands and absolutely won't let go! As if letting go means they are lost to each other forever!" She then proceeded to tell me a story about a couple who were holding hands and going through a door. They couldn't fit together because it was too small and instead of letting the other hand go and going through and reclaiming it again, they trickly made their way through without letting go.

God's like that. He doesn't want to let go of my hand, but I'm constantly pulling away. It reminds me of the beginning of the lifehouse video. The part where the girl is enticed away from a dance with God to dance with a cute guy (whom I've always believed to be the "boyfriend", good or bad). I don't have a guy to distract me from God, I have TONS of them. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have any beaus or what have you. I'm just me....Karye Cook....always seeking for love from the wrong people when I should be focused on a Person, Almighty God.
God never wants to break that hold on me. Why O why would I want to break my hold with HIM?????

I know I've posted twice in one day...so sue me. :) consider it a blessing. ha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when you post twice a day, it makes me feel less like a computer geek ha ha. So im glad your thinknig through your thoughts with God. Im praying about you friend, and really appreciate all your kind words!

Love ya friend!

Holly Face said...

I too love when other people post on their blogs and I try not to post too much cause I don't want people to be like "She posted AGAIN, I can't keep up!" But I liked this thought, stupid couples! Lol, but seriously, I would love someone to hold hands with and I have to remember that God is always holding my hand. Sorry I didn't call you Wednesday, dude, first week and I'm slacking. I think I will call you later today if my cell phone ever decides to actually charge :(
Love you!